Tuesday 16 April 2013

Always have HOPE in the most definite situations

As you can see, HOPE is the main theme in this shoot/project along with some sub-themes that interlinked. As Luna mentioned [hope you guys saw the post Luna put up introducing herself not too long ago] we have another shoot on the 22nd of this month, so I wanted to get this up before then.

This is exactly like the shoot I did for Ly except it was set out in the Royal Botanic Garden at the city. This was a birthday gift again for another friend whom I've known since Kindergarten and I normally not know what to get her. ALSO, she wanted to do a shoot and visit the gardens, so I took great advantage of it too! This was the first time I did the shoot with Luna since during the time I did Ly's shoot, Luna was overseas in Taiwan and Vietnam. Perhaps, she may like to post some of her photos she had taken during the time period (I honestly loved many of the shots she had taken).


Okay, moving on, Amy is also a friend who attended the same school as Luna and I. She has an artistic flair and loves the fashion industry. So, I left the outfit picking up to her as well -- I told her something that nice, sweet, elegant. Unfortunately, in her enormous collection of clothes, she couldn't find anything, so she bought her outfit on the day, along with our help. Alright, onwards to the photographs.

Before you go on, Luna and I spent an hour walking in the gardens before Amy came to accumulate ideas on what kind of scenes we could shoot. It was a good way to see what kind of photos you are trying to aim for.
I'm only posting up photos that Luna has edited for me -- I couldn't edit the photos myself because of my assessments. See how handy it is to have a partner! Makes the photography experience fun!
































These photos above we got them printed out and went towards the presents we were giving to Amy. When I was putting together Amy's present, I thought it would take me one hour, ONE hour...instead it took me FOUR hours... This was only because of the amount of errors I had. I had one too many portraits than landscapes. I made several trips to the local stores because of this and one of my photos ended up like this:


I was so annoyed when this happened so I had to go back, download the photos from email through my phone and sent it to the photo machine via bluetooth. Technology these days come pretty handy too especially in tight moments.

The left over photos I put them in the card as seen below.



You can see which photos are suppose to be portrait.

And the finishing product: 

In moments like these, always have hope and keep persevering. The effort is worth it and I'm very happy with my effort in Amy's 18th birthday present. Luna also gave a similar present to mine also. It perfectly fit the concept we presented. 

Since Luna forgot to take a picture, I had to ask Amy herself  to take a photo. :L 
I could've done this post over the weekend but since my birthday was on the weekend, I had to prepare and PARTY with my special people. Haha. Well, hope you guys enjoyed this post. Next project is on the 22nd and I'm pretty excited because I'm on uni break. Oh Yeah~

Adieu,
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment