Friday 15 February 2013

Valentine's Day project.

So, as mentioned before in my previous post -- I was working on a project. The post title says it.

Sometime near the end of January, I was talking to a friend telling them I wanted to make roses for the group and it resulted in making 230 roses in 8 days time. I started on the 4th of February and finished on the 12th. I didn't think I would make it but I guess I was being tenacious and consistent the whole way, along with some unwanted but enjoyable distractions.


My materials were assorted coloured origami paper (that can be bought from daiso or online), as well as some A4 coloured paper that I happened to have, garden wire and small metal/aluminium buckets. Since I was making for about 10 people, I had to buy ten buckets, more than 150 sheets of origami paper and two 50 metres garden wire. Roughly under $50 I'd say.

I barely asked for help in this, especially because the ones I would usually ask were the ones who I was giving the roses to.

So, I trialed and and error'ed before to see how many roses I would need and it turns out 23 roses fits. The origami size paper was the best size to work with since I was trying to work with A4 size square and they were too big.










I took so many fun shot with my DSLR. Hehe.












The garden wire was just twisted along with a loop to act as a stem. 







Overall, the project wasn't hard but it was rather tedious to fold 230 roses and twist 230 stems. What I used as a support to stick in the roses was dry foam similar to oasis, but obviously dry. You can get them from flower shops (if they are willing to sell to you), I was pretty lucky that they did. Materials can found in local stores, especially in garden sections.

Moving onto the result along with some photographs taken:



And some singular shots of roses.




 





So, I reached the end of my project with these awesome photos! Hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day with their loved ones, friends or family! 
They look awesome from here, as if they were ready for weddings! 
Adios,
Marie.

No comments:

Post a Comment